Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tuesday Chest With Craig and Fryup

A few changes today. Started with declines. Always liked these. I know a lot of people dont get much carry over in the flat bench but I liken it to benching with an arch a bit.

60 x 10 x 2
100 x 10 x 2*
110 x 10 x 1
120 x 8 x 1
130 x 4 x 1
130 x 5 x 1

I like starting with a lot of sets, and going heavy in the first exercise.

*For some reason Fry was spotting extra close on one set. Maybe he thought my head looked cold so he thought he'd keep it warm with his track suit pants. Struggled not to laugh but managed to finish the set ok.

Incline Dumbells. Did these with as much of a stretch in the bottom as I could get. When I use dumbells I get the best results (and the soreness) from a big stretch. This meant I had to be anal about my shoulder positioning. I know now though that I can go a little shallower next week. I think now my chest is stronger I have/need less of a stretch on these

20kgs x 12
30kgs x 10 x 3
30kgs x 8 x 1

Flyes
Copied Mikes notes about not touching at the top. I also paid attention to the eccentric portion, making sure to emphasis the work the pecs were doing on the way down. Made for a better overall rep and a good pump.
15kgs x 10
20kgs x 10 x 3
20kgs x 8 x1

Flat Bench
60 x 10 x 2
80 x 10 x 1
80 x 6 x 1 - Farted half way through the set and lost it. Tried to reset but wouldnt happen
100 x 6 x 2

Mach Press
80 x 12 x 1
100 x 10 x 1
100 x 12 x 1
80 x 14 x 1

Mike also managed to hit me on the head with a dumbell tonight when I was helping him with the 45's. They must be mean to the help where he's from. Next time I will move faster!

Looking forward to good back session tomorrow. Going to start using some compensatory acceleration in my training where safe too.

No comments:

Post a Comment