Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Thurs - Quads

Back still feels vulnerable while I'm squatting. Sick of it so making some changes to my approach for the next year. Will only bench press next year and take some time to build up the foundation I need of size and strength in my lower back and legs. I'll be incorporating plenty for strongman into it as well. Barbell only diets are too ridgid and single plane to live off for me.

Squats
60 x 10 x 2, 100 x 10 x 1, 120 x 10, x 8

Bulgarian Squats - will incorporate more of this sort of thing. not really targeting a single muscle group but many activities happen on one leg. Get stronger on one leg and what you do on two will get stronger. Simple.

2 x 10 just the bar

Leg press
80kgs x 10, 120 x 10, 160 x 10, 200 x 10

Leg Ext
40 (pnds) x 12, 60 x 12, 80 x 10, 100 x 10, 120 x 8, 120 x 8

Will start using more structure with my training. Working with numbers a bit more and putting what I've learnt from Craig, Mike and expereince into a structure for the next year. I also have the Rotorua Tough Guy challenge late next year. Thats a big event for me so I'll have to use all the time in between as best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment