Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wed Back with Craig & the Monster

Big change to Back day this session. Supersetted Lat pull downs with seated rows. 8 sets for 10 reps each. If we didnt have the three of us going I would have puked. I worked up to a top set of 200 in the pull downs with a top set of 78 on the rows.

I know some PTs get sand in their vaginas about how guys like us use a long reach forward in the seated row. I hear all sorts of shit about how its bad for your spine. Those people must start the movement with their lower back or something? The reach stretches the lats and the pull is through the lats too. Its more effective. The muscles in my lower back feel it but not my spine.

Limped through some bent over rows - 8 sets of 10. The plan was initially to do 10 sets and finish but both Mike and I got sick of it and did some behind the neck pull downs to finish - 4 sets of 15. I did 3 sets of 100kgs and one at 110. I used to think this exercise was a waste of time but I focused a bit more and remembered some tips Craig gave me, those, along with the fatigue from the superset made me feel it for a change. Now I'm doing it right I can feel the benefits of it.

Back is always tough but I always enjoy it. Today was the first time I had to really focus and dig deep. Was good though. The DOMS also kicked in from Monday so I've been limping around with a sore groin and quads, anyone would thing I'd been slapped in the nuts. A bit of hammies tomorrow then some strongman in the evening.

Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment