Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shirt & Triceps with Tec

First time in a bench shirt for ages. Alf was kind enough to lend me his old Katana since mine's out of commission. Smaller then my old one but he's done a good job stretching it (must have lifted a bit in it?) Looked like:

All of 3 boards for 3 reps
165kgs, 170kgs, 175kgs, 180kgs

All felt good and had heaps of fun doing it. Tec looks to be coming along nicely, especially having Alf around (helps everyone to bench better). We (Tec and I) both agreed that he should be set on hitting 180 off his chest rather then pissing about being focused on the record (171kgs I believe). If his training stays constant he'll be able to open on the damn record easy.

Close grip bench focusing on the triceps.
60kgs x 10
60kgs x 12
100kgs x 6 x 3
80kgs x 12

tate press,
15kgs x 12
20kgs x 8 x 2
20kgs x 7 x2

Over head ext for time
40 sec x 30kgs x 1
40sec x 42kgs x 2
35sec x 42kgs x 3

Just focused on working non stop all the way through, finishing on a grind but not stopping. I think Tec did better then he realised at these.

Awesome night tonight with the gym busy and buzzing. Strongman, aerobics, bench shirts all going at once. I noticed tonight that even though the shirt was uncomfortable as f**k! I was much more focused between sets, I'd relax but still be on the job where as before I would tend to relax and lose focus completely between sets. Ok if your super talented but thats not me. Training with Mike and Craig constantly doing work and staying switched on because you know your next set is coming has helped me heaps. I feel like I'm training at a better quality, I enjoy it more and I take a shot at doing things I normally would have been to lazy to do in the past.

Good shit. (if you dont like my ramblings kiss my ass)

No comments:

Post a Comment