Thursday, August 13, 2009

Friday Arms....on my own

Trained solo today and decided to change everything. Did most of my sets for time (35 sec) and started off with fat bar close grips. I like this one but as I was spotterless I really just used it as a big warm up. Its tough with no markings on the bar to get it in the middle though, especially with a close grip. Went through 8 sets only working up to 70ish (not sure what the fat bar weighs)

Tate press next. Havent done these for a while and started having shoulder issues. If it flares up again next week I'll make these decline or flat. Done for time these were rough. 4 sets @ 15kgs x 12 reps (dropped to 10 on the last one) 12kgs for last set x 12 reps. I like these but havent had impingement problems before. Bit of attention on that area should fix things though.

Dreaver showed up halfway through the training and turned on all the heaters so ended up doing Bikram overhead rope extensions for my last tricep exercise. 5 sets, worked up to 42kgs, managing around 12-14 each set.

On to the biceptacons....
Fat bar barbell curls. These were awesome. Hard but once I had a good grip on the bar I could push hard and work in some good external rotation as well. My shoulders felt much better after this one. I plan to make this a staple exercise. The fat grip automatically engages more arm musculature so I felt like I got shit loads out of it. pyramided up to 45ish and back down to 30ish for 5 sets

Incline curls. because i was doing these for time, I did them 2 at a time like a jean wearing beginner, but still got plenty from it. 4 sets with 15kg on each, only hitting between 7-9 on each set. Gay but hard.

Standing cable...ah...village people curls(?) Not sure what these are called but thought they'd be good to finish. Wish I'd stuck to my plan to do standing cable curls as these didnt quite hit my arms as much as I would have liked. Maybe I was too far forward. Thats training though, gotta try new things then learn how to do them right so you end up with good tools in the box. 6 sets 18kgs x 3 24kgs x 3.

Ok session, would have been better with some hard-out training partners (anyone keen for Friday mornings?) but still productive.

Here's some footage of this week

No comments:

Post a Comment