Friday, August 28, 2009

Saturday Shoulders with Tec & Arch work

Keeping shoulders pretty basic at the moment because of all the bench work happening at the moment. Lighter weights and higher reps with a focus on holding the shoulderblades in a good position so the shoulder joint itself moves in a healthy way while training.

Log press
42kgs x 12 x 5sets
Good warm up and with short rests it gets quite challenging. It has a more joint friendly grip then the barbell press and the different pressing angle makes it good for variation (I've got nothing against bbell presses by the way). I keep the range at a point where I can feel my shoulders under tension for the whole set. This taxes me quicker too. Keeping the movement fast (controlled) too

Cable lateral raises
12kgs x 12 x 2
18kgs x 10 x 2
12kgs x 10
Fryup mentioned how he'd been doing lateral flyes the other week, which has helped me to use the frontal plane again without impinging my shoulder.

Face pulls
42kgs x 12
48kgs x 12
54kgs x 12
60kgs x 12
66kgs x 12
When I do these I try to use the eccentric portion to concentrate and feel the rear delts. So I go slower on the eccentric and rapid but strict on the concentric. My shoulders always feel goiod after this. Followed up this session with a bit of traction work and some very relaxed arch work. I'm not getting tight yet but my back feels 100% (I know it isn't yet though)

Going to add some external rotation exercises to my training - arms and shoulders plus some warm ups for bench day. Also planning to swap out all my leg training for unilateral leg work until after the nat bench. Going to be weird and do some heavy walk outs too as I have a theory that I want to test out.

No comments:

Post a Comment