Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday - Legs by myself

Had to get in early to get my session out of the way as I have to hog the powerrack. Added one top set this week by jumping up in weight earlier. The bar felt heavy but still managed to push through each 35 sec reasonably well. I think with a spotter I could have added 1 or 2 to the later sets. This is such a new stimulus working through the fatigue with low weights and high volume. Next week I'll drop back a heavy set again and up the time to 40 seconds per set.

It looked like this:
Hi bar close stance squat
set wgt reps
1-2 60kg x 16
3-4 80kg x 10
5-8 100kg x 7,6,6,6
9 80kg x 9
10 60kg x 10

Leg Press 35 sec sets
100kgs 1 min rests
set reps
1x18
2x17
3 x12
4x14
5x12

Im going to minimise all sessions other then the stuff relative to the national bench. I'll do my hi vol stuff early in the week then focus on shirt work (strength, co-ordination, skill) at the end of the week. Unfortunately this means I'll have to drop the strongman but I'd rather focus seriously on the bench. My shirt still need repairs though so this could all change. I may have to source another one.

www.eastsidebarbell.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment