Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tues Chest With FryUp

Was keen for a good session today after spending most of it downloading Cinderella on Youtube for my daughter/boss.

Started with inclines
2x10, 2x8, 2x6
Worked up to 85kgs on the top sets. I never remember the exact numbers but I do recall wanting to have a crack at 90kgs for the top sets next week. Its this attention to detail that has alllowed me to blaze the trail through powerlifting that I have since entering the sport. On a serious note, Im more concerned with pressing with my chest on each rep.

Declines

Apparently the bar was bent which contributed to things being a bit off for Mike tonight. I didnt do as well as I did last week either. I was about to lay down a story about how doing squats for time yesterday must have fatigued my nervous system a fair bit, but Mike beat me to it so I'll blame the bar as well. Pyramided up and down from 70kgs- 100kgs for sets of 10ish.

Dumbell Bench

Mike did 50kgs for a set of 10 and made it look easy (got footage too). I struggled a bit on this because the bar was a bit ben........shit wrong one.....I mean the fatigue from the squats really caught up to me on this one so I couldn't lift very much. I'm not even going to bother trying to remember any of it. I just know that next week I'll start with the 30kg dbells. We did 5 sets of 10 or so

Machine Press supersetted with standing cable flyes

I like this superset. We started on 100kgs on the mach and 24kg on the flyes. My first set I did 20 on the chest press and 12 or so on the flyes. We worked up to 140kgs which I did twice but dropped to 120kg for the last set. On flyes we got up to 30kgs but I should have dropped back as my reps were shit but I thought someone was watching so I didnt want to risk losing any coolness points.

Finished off with some log press just to keep in practice for the Boys Day Out strongman comp in september.

www.eastsidebarbell.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment