Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday Arms With Jake and Henry

Finished last nights shirt session with triceps but decided to do a couple of exercises supersetted to start today. I feel that triceps are to a certain extent, like the lats and require a lot of work to tax them. Probably not true for everyone though of course.

Fat bar close grip floor press with partial tricep press ups.
65kgs x 10 x 2
85kgs x 8 x 2
65kgs x 10 x 1
The tricep press up was done with the hands in a similar position to a close grip bench, with a med ball under the chest to keep from going to low and engaging the chest too much. Just did them to add a bit more stress.

Fat bar curls. These are awesome (still not sure about the weights)
45? x 10
45 x 10
45 x 8
45 x 7
35 x 10

Incline dumbell curls
15kgs x 10
15kgs x 10
15kgs x 8
15kgs x 7
12kgs x 12

Standing preacher - did these on the incline bench. I'm not fond of the seated preacher bench we have. It's older then grass and I for some reason I just don't feel right.

15kgs x 10x3
17.5kgs x 8 x 2

Good session. I think its a good idea to get some carbs and protein part way through a session (if your not likely to spew during it) when it follows a rough week of training. My energy levels were a bit off this week so I felt a bit flat. It was mental as well as physical. Coping with destractions better will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment