Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday - Chest with Mike & Craig

Three's a good number for chest day so we invited Craig to audition with us to see if he fit the bill.
After the usual complaining while smiling about how sore our legs were from yesterday, we got stuck in to some incline bench. It looked something like this:

60kg x 10 reps x 2
80kg x 8 reps x 2
100kgs x 5 reps x 1
90kg x 6 reps x 1

It felt good to hit the hundred although no where near as strong as I'd hoped. I was aiming for 90 and felt very comfortable so I'm happy.

Declines
80 x 10 x 2
100 x 10 x 2
105 x 8 x 1
105 x 10 x 1
100 x 10 x 1
100 x 8 x 1
90 x 10 x 2
90 x 10 x 2
Felt very strong on this one.

Dumbell bench
made a fuck wit out of myself when I got cramp in my arse and couldnt keep the dumbell from dropping. Nearly hit Craigs foot. Looked like the following:
30 x 10
35 x 10 x 4
30 x 10
had to do the last couple with my feet up to avoid more dumb circus tricks.

Machine Press & Standing flyes superset x 7
It went: (all sets x 10)
80kgs x 1 set
100kgs x 3 sets
80kgs x 3 sets
Flyes were seven straight sets with 24 on the plates.

I managed to convince the boys to do seven sets. I like flyes but its hard to put in a good squeeze and hold it in the later sets. I started imaging I was Arnold at the olympia doing a chest pose in the hopes that it would give me a boost but I ended up being totally destracted with my day dream and cant really remember anything from the last two sets. At least I enjoyed myself though.

Not sure what to aim at next week but plan to put a shirt on later in the week. Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment