Friday, November 20, 2009

Best of South then shoulder training

Had best of the south today. opened on 130kg - got a "replace the bar" call for me feet but managed it fine. Lots of nerves but ok. 140kg on second attempt felt really good. had crack at 150kgs on 3rd. Thought I had it coming down but barely got it moving off the chest.

Speed work is helping me a lot. Even without the bands, still thinking to "beat the bar" has really helped me.

Headed back to CHCh and jumped into some shoulder training.
Bhind neck Seated press
40 x 10 x 2
60 x 10 x 8
50 x 10

Front Seated Press
50 x 10
60 x 8 x 7
50 x 13
50 x 9

Seated Dbell Raises W Facepulls
15kg x 10 w 54 x 12
17.5 x 10 w 66 x 12
17.5 x 12 w 66 x 12
15 x 10 w 60 x 12
15 x 10 w 60 x 12

Farken hot today and lost a lot of fluid sweating while spotting and training. Felt ti kicking in on some of the presses, but came right once we changed exercises. Probably squat and deadlift a bit tomorrow depending on how the body is feeling. Maybe arms and some speed on Mon/Tues with some posterior chain early in the week too. will fit in a back session last in the week as I seem to recover easily from this.

Will go light on squats and deads and look to get 145 in the bench. After the comp I'll be back into training with some light weights early the following week to help get the recovery happening. I hate not training the week after a comp. I used to think I couldnt get strong in that time, but I dont think that anymore, I just cant train the same as usual. Dont plan to get too taxed on the sqt and Dl anyway (these are really just notes to self at the moment).

No comments:

Post a Comment