Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Up til now

The main point of note in my training of late was the first session I had in my new super katana. Only went to 3 boards (after 3 reps on 4 boards with 180) with 185 but the fact that I actually touched 3 boards was very pleasing.

Alf gave me a bit of advice about my tuck and elbow position which took my elbows from being behind the bar, to under it. This made getting it down slightly tougher, but only really because I had to concentrate a bit more. Looking forward to the next few weeks although it'll be a gradual process. Also the 185 never felt heavy or hard. I kept it to 3 reps but could have done more on every set except probably the last one.

Started adding some supersets for tri's at the end of a few work outs, which means I'm hitting them 3x each week now with saturday beign a full session. I'm doing something similar with biceps as well but only 2x each week. Sounds gay, but has made the world of difference to the health of my elbows. I think we sometimes get carried away with stretching and massage when things are a bit rusty (which I like) but making it stronger can also help with durability and reducing wear and tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment