Friday, October 15, 2010

Training Of Late

Since the bench meet a few weeks back I've been pretty lax about training and haven't had any real goals to focus on. Even though the Eastside Open is coming up in a few weeks I didn't set myself any targets for that day other then having a good time doing my first full 3 lift for ages.

I have been working on speed for the bench and deadlift though using bands and/or chains for 8 to 10 sets of 1 to 3 reps, followed up with work on either the triceps or hams n glutes. Nothing exciting, but it makes a good change from straight training, and I feel the difference. This time last year speed work made a huge difference to my bench.

I still feel slowish but when I manage to time my sets, the speed is building up gradually, and in the past couple of weeks, it's taken less sets to reach a good speed.

I've also been keeping tabs on my resting heart rate as I'm paying more attention to my fitness and overall health at the moment. Especially as I've had a pain in the ass head cold that has produced some of the greenist, most horrible gunk from my nostrils that I have ever cultivated.

I'll be looking to make the up coming week a good one in the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment