Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday - Heavy Bench + Pause

Decided that while I'm nursing a bad head cold, that I wouldn't be doing much volume (or training for that matter). So I spent a few sets yesterday just working on pauses off the chest.

We can sometimes have suspect press calls so I was counting to 3, which showed me how loose on the chest I've been. I want to have a crack at 160 next month but at this stage I'll need to work hard to beat my 150 PR. But I'm sure the speed work will help as well as training in the pauses.

Bit of a slow boring session but by the end of it (I worked up to 140 for a single) I felt like I was tighter off the chest, especially when on the last double I did (130).

Just a ramble today really as I'm trying to get back into the habit of updating this log.

Numbers: 100 x 5, 110 x 4, 100 x 3, 110 x 3, 120 x 3, 130 x 2, 140 x 1 (no pause on the one 140 though).

No comments:

Post a Comment