Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday and Thursday

I ended up taking Tuesday off and doing my back session on Wed instead. The cold mornings make being a slack ass easy.

Back Session -
Started with deadlifts for the 5-3-1 program. I've been on this for a while now and enjoy it, but next week I plan to change the movement to snatch grip deadlifts to see if I can hit my back more. Last week I started doing rope pull downs on the lat pull down machine. I did 6 sets and my back was aching for a couple of days. This week feels the same. I'm just glad I wasn't dumb enough to do them the day before a shirt session. Followed these up with some Kroc rows. I only used 40kgs for 2 sets and 35 for the last, but these crush me.

Shoulders -
My shoulder strength is straight up disgraceful. I'm certain that I'd improve my bench a lot if I could just get the damn things to grow. Having said that, todays session was the best one I've ever done. Actually did less then I have in the past but was completely rooted by the end of it. Started out with the regular 5-3-1 for seated press - which I'm going to have to base off of 85% of my max because I too f**ken weak to use 90%. Then 8 sets of delt raises. We've also been playing around with something I call an incline scoop press. Its to hard to explain but it's like cross between a front barbell raise and an incline press. Only use the barbell without weight but its very tough and nails the shoulders. Ended with a lot of face pulls for the rear delts.

Hopefully I should feel alright come saturday afternoon when we have our weekly katana party. Lucky for me the Sth Is weightlifting champs are on this weekend so I get a few more hours to recover. Should be good. Aiming to do a few phantom board presses and see how close I can get to the chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment