Friday, November 12, 2010

Back In The Bench Shirt

I meant to train posterior chain, but ended up jumping into the shirt instead. Actually felt pretty good and managed to work up to 215kgs of 2 boards and felt pretty comfortable. Hopefully this is a good sign for the Eastside Open next week.

Heavy shirt work was followed by triceps, which consisted of lots of close grip floor pressing, some dips, dumbell extensions and band work. I strung together a few good sessions this week, and the body is feeling a bit stiff and sore. I did some cardio at home - skipping, KB swings, and short runs for time (10mins) then went to Sumner for a swim. Good way to finish off, but also got in an easy stroll with Jonah in the evening.

Saturday morning was speed deadlifts - I still find I get so much more form these by approaching them as practice - camber bar goodmornings, only workign up to 80 kgs though as the back was feeling a bot rusty, and heaps of GHR. I keep the reps low on these as my knees start feeling it a bit much (in the range of 5-8). Then lo and behold I actually did some abs. Hanging straight leg raises up to the bar, and some roll outs. Definitely feel better for having done them.

Tomorrow might be a good day to swing the hammer and do some farmers walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment