Friday, March 26, 2010

Wed Through Saturday

Wednesday - Back Solo Again

I recorded my numbers and what not but cant remember them off the top of my head so wont bother listing everything.

Started with a max effort test for chins. Deadlifts are going to be off the menu for a while so I'll use this for my 5-3-1 program. Ended up with 30kgs on the belt. Might have had more but was always going to be conservative anyway. Next week I'll work off that as my true max.

Dumbell Rows - I worked up to a couple of very heavy sets, but I want to change my form on these next week so I'll go a lot lighter.

Seated row - didnt expect to be able to do these but wnet alright. Stayed more up right after talking to Fry and felt it heaps more in my back. Dropped the weight as a result but that fits into the rest of my program right now anyway.

Still had a few hard reps/sets but for the most part felt good afterwards.

Thurs - Shoulders. Started with front seated press (5-3-1) but cocked up my numbers. Will fix them next month and keep progressing on what I did.

Behind the neck seated press. Pulled the bar apart more on these and felt it more in my shoulders. Haven't done these properly for a while so it felt good doing them again.

Lateral Dbell Raises - dropped the weights and focused on form again. Felt like I got a shitload more from them.

Bbell Shrugs with bands - These were good but I probably didnt compensate for the bands too well and went too heavy. I wanted to do a couple of high rep sets but only managed 1. Not too worried though.

Friday - Bi's and Speed bench. Started with face pulls for 6 sets then 11 sets of 60kgs on speed bench with bands. Decided to use a lighter weight and keep my elbows happy. Still went well and by then end I was real happy with my form.

1 arm cable curls, seated dumbell curls, ez bar curls. No one should log their bicep training online let alone talk about it so I'll leave it at that.

Saturday - bench Shirt and triceps. Worked up to 180 off the chest but missed it. I shouldn't have been so worried about my calf during the set up. It held up fine on the 1 board at 180 but I purposely kicked it out to the side when I went off the chest so I struggled to have any stability or purchase through the grind.

Dbell Extensions, Overhead Extentions, Push Downs. All new triceps session which felt real good. Managd to do some decent volume with good weight, and my elbows stayed happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment