Monday, December 7, 2009

Friday - Arms with Andy

Did the usual stuff for arms to start with then added a superset followed by some very high rep sets all for tris

Close Grip - worked up to 120 for 5. These are stale now. Close grip floor press next week.
Speed work - stayed light between 55 and 60. Weight was probably a bit light but I'm still nursing a sore elbow. I noticed when my form was good - good groove, tight arms and lats, that there was very little pressure on my elbow. One of those things that I can do fast until I can do it well. Still helping my bench no end though.

Ohead Ext Supersetted with push downs
Worked up to 45s for 10 on ext and started at 200 for the push downs (roughly 3 sets at that weight then right down to 150 to keep the reps good)

Right after this jumped into some light overhead cable extensions with a weight of about 34kgs for 4 sets of around 25 reps. Made me sore as fark the next few days.

Bi's just did more medusa curls. 5 sets and finished on single arm reps once I reached forced reps with 2. Kept the bi work minimal this week because there was a lot of it in my back session on wed.

Have to make seom big changes as my back is completely fucked now. Hurt it fixing a sliding door. Starting from scratch with the squat and deadlift again. Once the pain is gone I'll be doing very light sets, with each of those sessions based around core training, and high rep (light weight) sets to build integrity from scratch - back to begginnerville for me.

Luckily my bench is fine so I will specialize in that for all of next year. Maybe some strongman at the end of the year, but I'll be picky as about how I hit my back. More work in the mornings, and back to hitting the bag. Too much sitting, so I'll be amking adjustments there. Injuries can be good things if used productively.

No comments:

Post a Comment